This tutorial gives you to Fix "Either steam is running or you do not have a suitable license" error on No Man's Sky Foundation v1.1 update pc game when you try to start it.
First of all you need to make sure you correctly done moving/copying the exe file into the correct folder and paste it. If it doesn't work please try following steps below:
Step by Step Workaround For These Kind of Errors:
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\No Man's Sky Foundation Update\Binaries and right click on NMS.exe and click "Properties"
- On the Properties windows click the "Compatibility" tab.
- Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select "Windows 7" in the dropdown box.
- Check the box for "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click Apply then OK and run NMS.exe again. It should start right up.
- Create a .txt file in the same folder as the .exe.
- Name it steam_appid.txt
- Open the file and type "275850" and
- Then save & close.
Alternative 2nd Solution:
- The VC 2013 and 2010 Redist is required and installed by Steam.
- It appears yours may be corrupt.
- Please download here:
Go to gameslopedy forums and post your question if the problem still continues...