This tutorial shows how to fix Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun pc game Black Screen Crash on Startup, you can do the following workarounds to fix it - this is a comprehensive solution, we have collected these infos from several resources :
Try these steps first:
- Install VC++ Redist 2010 (x86) from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
- Update your Windows (this might fix some DirectX related problems)
- Reinstall the game or verify integrity of game cache: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
- If the above doesn't work, delete gameState.save from the savegame folder located at "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Daedalic Entertainment GmbH\Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun\user\gameState_00\" (replace USER with your user account in Windows)
- Most of all deleting the gameState.save does the trick!
- or you can try by running compatibility mode with windows 8 as admin
- Also you could delete the whole "user" folder under "Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun" folder in disk C, and run the game directly from the "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Shadow Tactics" folder.
- Delete the saved files.
- Hope it works!
You can also send email report to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should attach the "Shadow Tactics_Data/output.log" located in the game's installation folder and a DxDiag report of your system. Also post to gameslopedy.com/forums to get additional help.
Source: Steam and other forums