If you get " Unable to initialize steam api " error on Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 or your game crashes just before the menu, try Gameslopedy.com's steps to fix this issue on your PES 2017 startup:
Try all of the steps below and if they aren't work please post your problem into Gameslopedy.com/forums:
- First of all you need to make sure you are attempting to open this game by Steam not by .exe file.
- Exit the Windows and return back again.
- Or restart your PC.
- Restart your steam, or update it
- If it does not work try to get the properties of the nvidia panel and put the PES 2017 to run with NVIDIA graphic card.
- Click here to get your steam api. dll file and download it then copy/paste into your game folder and systems folders.
- Hope those above are works for you!