APU build, need a cheap upgrade…

Home Forums PC Games Boosting Tips APU build, need a cheap upgrade…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kkelly November 13, 2016 at 5:16 am.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

cammor
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

APU build, need a cheap upgrade…

Hi all, just curious if anyone cares to advise on a build something like this: A10-7890K 4.1GHz Quad-Core – System Build – PCPartPicker New Zealand
    Plan on using existing case and PSU (replaced not long ago). Kinda on a budget…

Currently my poor old machine is a E8400 w 4GB DDR2, HD5770. CPU/ram appears to bottleneck freaking everything these days, but I suppose it’s had a good run for the last 9 years… originally had an 8800GT.

Figured I’d put the HD5770 in the wife’s machine, as the APU GPU is very similar grunt apparently. I realise 32GB ram is probably overkill, but I’d rather future-proof now as it won’t ever get upgraded.

#2087 Reply

beaver
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

You haven’t mentioned what GPU you are going to get?

I would save some money on the RAM and put it towards your GPU

#2088 Reply

ciirre
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

APU has built in GPU (equiv to HD5770 which I currently use), which would do for now until MrsSnott releases more funds – which is why I’m considering an APU. Fast ram is for the GPU part of the APU(CPU) which it shares, and 32GB is future-proofing. I think I’d be fine with 16GB though to be fair.

edit: perhaps I should be looking at the intel stuff, seems the built-in intel graphics are fairly equivalent…? Ugh I need to bite the bullet and build something decent or it’ll frustrate me I feel.

#2089 Reply

kkelly
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

Built in GPU to me sounds bad.

Good in a L/T

Bad in a tower if you want to game.

As Beavis said, save on the RAM, and spend it on a dedicated GPU.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: APU build, need a cheap upgrade…
Your information:

Gameslopedy on Social Media