Benchmarking/Resolution

Home Forums PC Games Boosting Tips Benchmarking/Resolution

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  UnCoNoob October 29, 2016 at 3:57 pm.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

FarKinnell
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

Benchmarking/Resolution

After watercooling my TitanX I did some overclocking and benchmarking.

I noted in a BF4 thread that a GTX 980Ti owner had achieved a Firestrike score of 20,000+, whereas best I could do was 17,000+, before overclock became unstable.

I am thinking that the results are determined by one’s monitor resolution, eg I have 2560×1440, whereas the GTX 980Ti owner may have 1920×1080.

Anyone know if this is a correct hypothesis, or do I just have an average TitanX?

I know using 3Dmark11, that the “Performance” test uses a resolution of 1280×720, with the “Extreme” test using 1920×1080, but Firestrike and others do not seem to specify the resolution, so I assume it runs in the monitor’s native resolution.

#1660 Reply

UnCoNoob
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

you need to look at graphics score not overall score, The motherboard, CPU and RAM all play part in the score as well. Even the graphics score. I found my 2 x r9 290 performed better switching from z77 to z170 board but I did go to a I7 over my old I5. I am talking purely graphics score and FPS not physics as you would expect it to be higher with a better CPU and RAM.

The guy could be running a I7 extreme and have 10 cores and 20 threads so a 4core 8 thread CPU will have no way of competing with it haha. As I say more go off the graphics score but this is not a solid bit of info as it still is affected by all the other hardware slightly as well .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Benchmarking/Resolution
Your information:

Gameslopedy on Social Media

support
Need Help?
+1 276-807-3597
Skype Chat
Skype Call
Support Ticket