Help me to choose the best laptop

Home Forums Buy & Sell Hardware, Games and PC Help me to choose the best laptop

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  BackY December 5, 2016 at 4:44 am.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

feeli
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

Hello guys.

So, i want to spend around 1000$ more or less for a brand new laptop. I dont have any preference in the brand.
    I will use it for gaming purposes more or less.

I want a i7 laptop with 17inch + bigger than 960 Nvidia + 16 gb ram. I dont care about HDD/SSD cause i have mine.

Please share your suggestions here!
    Thank you in advance!

#2464 Reply

mr_manager
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

Check for Lenovo thinkpad been using them and they seem good.

#2572 Reply

ED-E
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

Look at the Inspiron 17 7000 2-in-1

#2573 Reply

Plowshares
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

Cheap laptops are noisy and run hot.
    If possible, buy a desktop. Lasts longer.

#2574 Reply

Khar22
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

Laptop is always a bad choice. You cant update/change the hardware and when one part is broke it takes everything with it. Now they even hardwire drives like the ssd in the new apple laptop.

So after 2 years you need everything new. My Monitor is 8 years old now and it still works! If i had chosen a Laptop i would have had to buy everything 4-5 times in the last 10 years. Oh and back then you didnt get a Laptop with 3D capability below 3000 $.

Hell, it seems smarter to buy 2-3 normal PCs and a big mobile HD so you have one at each place you go to, unless you are somewhere else every week.

#2575 Reply

escobar
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

Hello guys.

So, i want to spend around 1000$ more or less for a brand new laptop. I dont have any preference in the brand.
    I will use it for gaming purposes more or less.

I want a i7 laptop with 17inch + bigger than 960 Nvidia + 16 gb ram. I dont care about HDD/SSD cause i have mine.

Please share your suggestions here!
    Thank you in advance!

Let me give you my opinion on MSI gaming laptops.
    I bought an MSI-GE70-2OE-002US a few years back.
    At the time I purchased, it was in the price range you desire…and had all the hardware you desire (though not exact numbers).

It has advantages & disadvantages.

Advantage:
    – Warranty is very good. I got my screen replaced twice. I lied to them and told them it was a hardware issue, but it was really me spilling liquid & cleaning solution. They didn’t ask too many questions. I didn’t even have to pay shipping.
    – I’m not a gamer. But for art & office tasks, it works perfectly. I never have problems with Photoshop & Office responsiveness.

Disadvantage:
    – Warranty is void if you open the bottom for tasks like replacing hard drive. So consider that before purchase. You’re stuck with default internal hard drive…if you want your warranty to work.
    – You must be expert in setting power & graph card settings, or battery will die quickly. If you set to use Graphics Card to handle all work, battery will only last perhaps one hour…and then as battery ages, sometimes less than 15 minutes.

#2576 Reply

BackY
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

ud buy a much better desktop combination with that budget, up to 50% better performances.
    p.s; concentrate more on the GPU… a decent i5 will do the job PERFECTLY , an i7 is only for video editing and other stuff, currently NOT FOR GAMING! (when I say decent, i mean a 4th or maybe 5th generation of i5, and I GUARANTEE you will be more than good to go).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Help me to choose the best laptop
Your information:

Gameslopedy on Social Media

support
Need Help?
+1 276-807-3597
Skype Chat
Skype Call
Support Ticket