Joystick dilemma.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BaRRaS October 30, 2016 at 11:08 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

Gameslopedy Fix Editor
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 3
    • level 4
    • ★★★★

Ever since Eliteangerous came out and mouse control sucked, I’ve been saving for a joystick/throttle/pedals combo. I have also been watching DCS and War Thunder videos and they look interesting, but I probably need to learn to fly a Cessna first. After a few weeks of reading/watching reviews and reading lots of forum posts, I’ve settled on either of two options.

Option 1 – CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals.
    Option 2 – Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswinds. (Milan also sells extensions for the TM joystick)

While I can afford option 2, this seems rather extravagant and akin to buying a Ferrari to drive the children to school. Any advice or opinions?

#1670 Reply

2_island
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

I use the Saitek x52 Pro … Would prefer the X-56 Rhino. Although I don’t like Saitek so any other brand would probably be better.

#1671 Reply

BaRRaS
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

I use a Saitek X-55 Rhino (now updated to the X-56 as 2_islands has posted). When I was selecting a joystick (primarily for Elite Dangerous), I quickly narrowed my preferences down to the Thrustmaster Warthog or the Saitek Rhino. In the end the choice was easy, the Saitek was a clear winner because it had a twist (Z-axis) for rudder control. The Warthog would have required additional expenditure on pedals which, for a space sim, are not required.

I’ve had the X-55 about 18 months now and still loving it!

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Joystick dilemma.
Your information:

Gameslopedy on Social Media

support
Need Help?
+1 276-807-3597
Skype Chat
Skype Call
Support Ticket