Need help with CPU temps

Home Forums PC Games Boosting Tips Need help with CPU temps

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Frozen_Memories October 23, 2016 at 2:22 am.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Author

Frozen_Memories
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

So I’ve been having problems with temps since I got a new GPU last week. I noticed that my PC would sometimes restart randomly while playing games and after some frantic google searching I think I found the culprit – my CPU.

You see I tried playing ACU for a few minutes and saw that my CPU’s temps would hike all the way up to 90-95c(!) and stay there and playing another game like Dying Light would still have the temps at around 80c which is still way too high. Although what’s strange is that when idling and just browsing CPU temps are fine and it isn’t until I start doing heavy stuff the temps go nuts – I remember the temps spiking from a normal 45-50c to 92c from converting a video.

The thing is I’m using a stock cooler. Do I have to buy an aftermarket one or can I just reapply thermal paste and clean the heatsink? It’s because my PC is about a year and a half old and I haven’t replaced the thermal paste since I built it. After buying a 960 a new cooler just can’t fit on the budget.

Help would be appreciated – I’m tearing my hair out over this. The only change I did aside from putting in a new GPU is removing the extra intake fan – was that enough to cause all this?

UPDATE: As a last ditch thing I checked my fan again and it looks like it wasn’t completely locked in – it was probably shaken loose when I installed the new GPU. Do you think that’ll fix my temp problems?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Need help with CPU temps
Your information:

Gameslopedy on Social Media