Post Yes I'm a Gamer and It's Killing Me

Home Forums General Game Discussions Post Yes I'm a Gamer and It's Killing Me

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fifaco123 fifaco123 December 5, 2016 at 1:52 am.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

huttoy78
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

Sooooooo………..that happened.

Nearly 6 years ago I was diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) in the right leg and Bilateral Pulmonary Embolism (PE) after an Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) repair to the right knee. I was told then that I could be susceptible to it in the future once you have one. Guess what. They were right.

Noticed toward the end of last week I was short of breath and had a pain in my right calf muscle. Over the weekend I developed a cough, pain in the left side of the neck and lower chest. Saw the Doctor yesterday as the symptoms hadn’t gone.

Ultrasound yesterday has confirmed DVT lower right calf muscle and Nuclear Medicine today (lung scan) has confirmed PE.

Started Clexane injections yesterday and back on the Warfarin (rat poison) now……….for life.

To put things in perspective most people are not diagnosed with a Pulmonary Embolism until they are in the morg. My first one being bilateral was basically double the damage. (Gamers love double damage bonuses) This time feels less but no less dangerous.

My wife says I have nine lives just like a cat. So I have plenty to go. So it would seem.

So the gaming aspect………..it’s how I got it this time around. Endless hours sitting in front of the TV playing console games and not exercising enough to make the blood flow. That and not drinking enough water, not keeping my weight in check.
    So to all you fellow gamers I say. Keep moving brothers because the moment you stop moving could result in you never moving again.

PS: To stop the blood clots from moving and causing more damage or lose of life I have to rest. Rest = Lounge = Gaming. Gaming will kill you. Can’t win.

#2562 Reply

fifaco123 fifaco123
    Blocked
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 3
    • level 1

Part of the wildfire of fear burning fut packs many trainers over the decades is that throwing younger gamers into the furnace comes with club-wide consequences. There is threat there because the club’s values are in another place. If that younger gamer creates an error – an unavoidable consequence of enjoying younger guns – then how do you justify not starting, say, Chip LaBrocca in his place?We are all, to varying degrees, judged by the outcomes we produce, and so thoughtlessly pushing out younger Fifa 17 Coins starting a damaged 37-year-old primary midfielder who can hardly shift. But as a trainer you will be asked to shift our best younger gamers through the academia at rate, perform them up as U14s in activities and 16s in U18 activities, indication them to Native contracts before they are able to wander and fit them into as many lineups as is prudent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Post Yes I'm a Gamer and It's Killing Me
Your information:

Gameslopedy on Social Media