Solve Nvidia Driver Update Errors

Home Forums PC Game Crash Fixes, Tips, How to’s, Guides Solve Nvidia Driver Update Errors

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Davidb October 21, 2016 at 8:53 pm.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Author

Davidb
    • Topics:
    • Replies:
    • level 1

So a long time ago, about couple days back, I came across that fantastic log box over after the NVIDIA setup failed to install the drivers on several different high-end systems that I was working on; for no apparent reason. Then, like a true leader of the Dothraki –I relaxed, stretched my fingers and hamstrings then fire up the setup.exe again.

Immediately I came to the same message that read “NVIDIA Installer failed” again –and none of the driver components were installed. See, that totally sucks because if I ever wanted a random generic video card, I’d just use the integrated GPU and call it a great life; rather than burning through a few $300’s for these GTX’s. In a short moment, I was pretty sure that this is karma bitching at me for not letting that guy merge into my lane two days ago.

5 Biggest, Most Affordable 26800+ mAh Power Banks for Pokemon Go

However, I quickly recomposed myself and the troubleshooting took places along with many of hours of frustration –where it should have been remedied by NVIDIA or Microsoft themselves in the first place. But who knows, marriage is complicated. Anyway, several searches from Google and Bing return similar problem everywhere. It does not matter if it’s a GTX 460, GTX 570 or the new GTX 980, etc.. the damn installer just won’t install (I think it’s possessed). On the other hand, Windows, being a difficult teenager, wouldn’t even bother to give a second try at the very certified driver that it directly obtained from Windows Update itself. Cute.

Good news is I got a potential solution for that problem –hopefully before you do the exact opposite of Hodor.
    NVIDIA Pascal GTX 1070 / GTX 1080 vs Radeon Polaris RX 480 – Valar Morghulis

Essential Things To Check

First thing first, be sure Windows is running on the latest Service Pack. Windows 7? Get SP2. Windows 8? Get 8.1. Windows 10? ..Shit. Well, check anyway.

We all know that this is a complicated relationship between NVIDIA and Windows and all but unfortunately you and I are caught up in the crossfire –which should have been a problem of AMD since they came up with the term Crossfire in the first place. But well, NVIDIA holds the honor. Anyway, these are the few forms of the error:

Error Code 28
    Driver cannot be installed
    ff0

No Hardware Specified
    System keeps rolling back to Standard VGA Adapter driver after restart, etc…
    Now before we dive in, let’s get these cautions out of the way.

Windows 8.1 – Windows 7 SP1 – Windows Vista SP2 – Windows XP SP3
    Make sure on-board graphics chipset is deactivated and BIOS is set to use current discrete video card as main.
    Make sure your motherboard BIOS is running the latest firmware.
    Hard Drive is not too full. There were many cases when NIVIDA setup could not extract the packet into the Temp folder because the target drive was packed.
    Antivirus program or Firewall should not give any issue but it’s worth some attention. Disable it just in case. Don’t forget to enable it the next time your browse brazzer the Internet.
    Try your video card on a different PCIe slot or different computer to see whether the same issue occurs. You may find a way to rule out the possibility that the motherboard or the video card is defective.
    Run a quick file system check using the command sfc /scannow to make sure the Windows core has not been altered or violated.
    3 Best Z97 Gaming Motherboards That Don’t Break The Bank.

The Differences between All Asus Mainstream Z170 Motherboards.

Method I : Manually Update Driver Through Device Manager

This is the most simple fix. Sometimes it works like a charm, other times it’s a miss. Like the first date. Or first dump after tacos.

1. Right click and use Update Driver Software on the Display or Standard VGA Graphics Adapter from your device list.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Solve Nvidia Driver Update Errors
Your information:

Gameslopedy on Social Media