These tutorials is created for GTA 5 err_gfx_d3d_init Error:
Always when you turn on the game and play like 5 minutes or even less it crashes with err_gfx_d3d_init error. It says: Failed Initialization. Please reboot and restart the game. Try reinstalling the game if this persists.
Try these steps you will get fixed:
- Download NVIDIA Inspector from http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html.
- Extract the rar anywhere, and run nvidiaInspector.
3 .Click on "Show Overclocking" in the bottom right.
- With the new Overclocking options, we're going to click on "-20" under both Base Clock Offset and Memory Clock Offset.
Once both offsets are showing "-20 MHz" you will click "Apply Clocks & Voltage" and you'll now be downclocked.
You can do this before you start the game or even while it's open. The settings that you apply will remain that way until you hit Apply Defaults.
I've been able to play with no dumps or BSODs for a good hour. Hopefully it will be patched soon so I can use my GPU's full clock speed.
Ladies and gentlemen, I have finally figured out how to fix this issue entirely. Here is a list of things you need to do and they do not have to go in this specific order:
- Update your motherboard bios (find out make/model EXACTLY or you'll brick your mobo) this is so your mobo properly communicates with your vidro card
- update your chipset drivers
- ONLY install video driver of your video card brand ie: Instead of nVidia driver, I installed the Gigabyte driver as my card is a Gigabyte nVidia 780 ti
- get ALL your Windows updates. Every last one
- And finally, run the game in borderless fram for less demand
Any questions, ask me. I've been messing around with this for weeks.
A lot of you guys who have a directx 10 or directx 10.1 Graphics card, while playing Grand Theft Auto V, when hit the Escape button to access pause menu, a box says: "err_gfx_d3d_init" and the game crashes to desktop! This is a very annoying problem. How can you play a game with no pause menu? But After a lot of searching, I finally fixed it, Here's the steps I did:
- If its your first time after installing GTA V, run the game and when it loads and you see the characters, hit Escape, the game will crash naturally.
- Go to: Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V and then open the file settings.xml with notepad.
- Hit Ctrl+F, a search box will appear, type "dx" in that( without quotes) and hit Enter.
- You should see this line there:
<DX_Version value="1" />
Simply change the value from "1" to "0". Don't change anything else.
- Save the file, exit notepad and restart the game. Now you can easily access pause menu by hitting Escape without crashing!
The above fix is for those of you facing the pause menu problem playing on Graphics cards with directx 10 or directx 10.1 support. If you face the mentioned problem, try the above steps, it worked for me!
hey I finally fix it and its all good now !