This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by BaRRaS 1 year, 2 months ago.
October 30, 2016 at 11:07 am #1669
Gameslopedy Fix EditorKeymaster
Ever since Eliteangerous came out and mouse control sucked, I’ve been saving for a joystick/throttle/pedals combo. I have also been watching DCS and War Thunder videos and they look interesting, but I probably need to learn to fly a Cessna first. After a few weeks of reading/watching reviews and reading lots of forum posts, I’ve settled on either of two options.
Option 1 – CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals.
Option 2 – Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswinds. (Milan also sells extensions for the TM joystick)
While I can afford option 2, this seems rather extravagant and akin to buying a Ferrari to drive the children to school. Any advice or opinions?October 30, 2016 at 11:07 am #1670
I use the Saitek x52 Pro … Would prefer the X-56 Rhino. Although I don’t like Saitek so any other brand would probably be better.October 30, 2016 at 11:08 am #1671
I use a Saitek X-55 Rhino (now updated to the X-56 as 2_islands has posted). When I was selecting a joystick (primarily for Elite Dangerous), I quickly narrowed my preferences down to the Thrustmaster Warthog or the Saitek Rhino. In the end the choice was easy, the Saitek was a clear winner because it had a twist (Z-axis) for rudder control. The Warthog would have required additional expenditure on pedals which, for a space sim, are not required.
I’ve had the X-55 about 18 months now and still loving it!
Hope this helps.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)