Some of Gameslopedy.com users having this error messages on Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court and for the main game.
Here is the error message body:
StorageManager::TransferFile in storage_manager.cpp line 771
couldn’t write whole file
ESC to skip
Here is the fixes for it:
- First of all try this: Restart Steam, reinstall Darkest Dungeon.
- Revert back to older updates from your recent update.
- After restarting the game three times it worked for us.
- Try to run the game by running the \DarkestDungeon\_windowsnosteam version in the game’s directory.
- When you load your campaign, click the Letter/scroll icon on the left of the savegame, instead of the savegame button/text. It always loads when we click the letter, and never loads otherwise…
- Try to uninstall and reinstall.
Also try following things if the above isn’t working:
Find your save game folder:
\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<Steam User ID#>\262060\remote
On Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/<Steam User ID#>/262060/remote
Move anything in the save game directory out to somewhere safe – So move/copy and paste them to another location.
Then run the game unti you reach the campaign selection screen.
Now exit without selecting any campaigns.
Go back in the save game directory, new save folders may have been created (it doesn’t matter).
Now you can put the older saves back in and get rid of the newly created ones (either by overwriting or deleting them by hand if you want).
This hopefully will fix the issue!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)