This longer tutorial fixes stuttering, lags and other low speed problems on Rise of the Tomb Raider pc game. Whatever specs you have on your PC/laptop you have to try these fixes if you wanna run this game smoothly:
This locked guide on gameslopedy is one of the comprehensive ones:
- Use FXAA instead of SSAA.It’s running flawlessly on 980Ti.
- Stop using very high textures and u will be fine
- You need more than 6GB Vram for Very High Textures to get rid of Stuttering, because it uses 4x4k Texture Resolution.
- Lower Textures to High, and the next most taxing settings are HBAO+, SSAA and Pure Hair.. use FXAA, normal SSAO and disable Pure Hair and it should run better.
- Use everything on Max settings.Just downgrade textures to high.
Anti-aliasing to FXAA or SMAA.
Avoid SSAA at all costs when playing this game. I guess Titan X is the only one that maybe can handle SSAA 2x.
- EXTRA : Go into Nvidia Control Panel, and make sure the following settings are set for this game under 3D settings:Power Management Mode set to Prefer Maximum Performance
Max Pre-rendered Frames set to 1
Multi-display/ Mixed-GPU acceleration set to Single Display Performance
See if that gets rid of the stuttering.